Are you interested in making a legacy gift to Kingdom Builder Foundation?
We would love to connect with you and answer any questions you might have or help you identify next steps. Complete our Information Request Form with your specific questions or to set up a call with one of our board members.
If you are ready to make a legacy gift to Kingdom Builder Foundation, please complete our Letter of Intent by clicking on the button below and we will follow up with next steps.
Why Legacy Giving?
"For us, and dozens more families in our church who made initial commitments to KBF, estate planning became an opportunity to declare to our children and the world that in death, as in life, we belong body and soul to Jesus Christ and are committed to the furthering of His kingdom through the local church".
See the Kingdom Builder Foundation 2022 Impact Report for the rest of this letter.
Many members and friends of Solana Beach Presbyterian Church have made a legacy gift to Kingdom Builder Foundation since its inception in 2007. Although the reasons for giving are many, below are some of the most common we hear from members of the congregation:
- "It allows me to continue to support ministries and missions affiliated with SBPC and its members long after my spouse and I are gone."
- "It's a testament to my children and others about where my heart is."
- "KBF is managed by active members of SBPC whom I know and trust."
- "The KBF Granting Committee prayerfully discerns where funds should be invested for the greatest Kingdom impact."
Jan and Steve Carlton share their reasons for adding Kingdom Builder Foundation to their estate plan in this short video:
How to Give
Kingdom Builder Foundation is committed to praying for the members and friends of Solana Beach Presbyterian Church to continue growing in spiritual practices involving faithful financial stewardship and giving. Legacy gifts can be specified in many ways and are distributed to the Kingdom Builder Foundation at the end of your life.
For details on our next Estate Planning Workshop please email us.
Some of the most common types of legacy gifts you can establish include:
- Bequests - A bequest is a gift of property or assets that are given through a will or trust. A bequest can be a specific amount, a percentage of an estate, or a specific asset, such as a piece of real estate or a piece of art. This is done by designating Kingdom Builder Foundation in your estate documents and then completing our Letter of Intent to share your wishes with us.
- Charitable remainder trusts: A charitable remainder trust is a trust that provides a donor with an income stream for life or a set number of years. After the donor's death, the remaining assets are transferred to the designated charity.
- Life insurance policies - Kingdom Builder Foundation can be named as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, which allows you to make a significant gift without giving up control of your assets during your lifetime.
- Retirement plans - Kingdom Builder Foundation can be named as the full or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan, such as a 401(k) or IRA, which allows you to make a tax-efficient gift while also providing for your heirs.
The Foundation will convert all non-cash gifts, such as highly appreciated stock or property, to cash as soon as possible and invest the proceeds in the professionally managed Foundation investment portfolio.
All gifts are tax deductible.
Legacy Gifts or Letter of Intent (initial or updated) should be mailed to:
Kingdom Builder Foundation
120 Stevens Avenue, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Checks for legacy gifts should be made out to Kingdom Builder Foundation.